11.03.2015

We Made It



After deciding to stay another year in Minneapolis, we finally moved to Atlanta last week. The drive, at first, was less than desirable…we brought our cat Fig and she was freaking out for the first few hours. We drove through the night and into the next day with Nate’s parents in a van alongside us. Fig finally settled down near morning. After that, it was a great drive, our cat lounging between us while we watched the changing landscapes. We listened to various Podcasts along the way, some spooky stories and then some interesting psychological ones.

We arrived to our new apartment at around 9pm the next day. At this point it’s pouring out and we still need to get everything out of our cars. We were exhausted. But soon filled with adrenaline after going in the house and seeing that it was WAY bigger than we had anticipated! The kitchen is tiny, but the bedroom is enormous, the bathroom is roomy, and the living room is bigger than our last. And we have a PATIO where we can GRILL! So we mustered up our last bit of energy and hauled everything in, thankfully there was no big furniture since we decided to just buy all new things once we got here (instead of paying $1500 for a moving truck). We slept on an air mattress that night.

((Here's a corner of our living room the first day (before & afters will be posted in a future post!))

The next day, the trying and obnoxious search for cheap furniture began…we went to thrift store after thrift store, consignment shops, Ikea, and antique shops with Nate’s parents. We found some really cool stuff, but it was tiring.



After several days of stress and driving from place to place, we finally found all we needed! And then we had a lot of cleaning to do since the last tenant here cleaned practically nothing.

Nate's parents left on Friday and we’ve kept busy since then, putting up shelves and curtains, rails and hooks.

As of Sunday, everything has found it’s place and it’s slowing down. And now I’m left with just my thoughts….What am I going to do here? What’s my plan? Where do I start...? I’m floating in total oblivion right now. I could literally do anything. All I know is I need to make some friends and I need to make some money. It’s a very weird state of mind, but I’m excited to see what happens. The lack of obligation to anyone is especially strange to me. I’m used to lots of messages, emails, texts, all from people trying to hang out or shoot or talk. I’m always scheduling and communicating…and now…absolute silence. I look at my phone expecting all these things and I see nothing. For now, I like it. The peace is welcoming. But I know it’ll start to eat at me soon…I’m way too extroverted for that life. Where are you Atlanta friends??

So now, I’m just trying to come up with a plan for myself. I have a lot of photos to edit, which will keep me busy for a couple of weeks. But then…who knows. People keep asking me what I’m going to do, and for the first time in a very long time, I have absolutely 100% no clue. You can ask me, but I can’t even give you a wild guess.

So here’s to letting the chips fall, letting the chips fall, letting the chips FALL where they may! I’ll be over here dreaming my days away, figuring out Georgia, and writin some blogs.




Love you all,

Ashley


(all photos in this post are iPhone 6 because I was too frazzled to pull out my Mark ii)

No comments:

Post a Comment