11.09.2015

A Life Filled

"In order to lead a fascinating life 
- one brimming with art, music, intrigue, and romance - 
you must surround yourself with precisely those things"



























This is what I'm spending my time doing in this new city.

Since we've moved in I haven't had any real responsibilities aside from editing past shoots and making our house look cool. That's all fine and swell until we run out of money. I'm at a total loss for what I'm going to do to for a living here. Should I get a coffee shop job? Should I market my photography to random people? How would I even do that? Should I just plow into the blogging world? Try out for plays? Work at an office again? Sell my soul?

I do have plenty of creative ideas, but the execution of those is really difficult when you don't know many people and don't know your way around.

SO

Instead of fretting about it, I'm taking this time to soak up the environment. With all this gloomy weather, I'm making art again. And with all this free time, I'm learning a little more about myself. This is a unique time of my life and I don't want it to go to complete waste. 

Nate and I went for a 2.5 hour walk the other day and I felt so incredibly serene. It was a dream. It was rainy, no one was around, the air was damp, and we had absolutely nowhere to be. We were just there, fully present. I took photos for fun again. Georgia, as it turns out, is filled with colors and creatures I had never even seen in nature before. Blues and purples, fantastical berries, weird ducks, leaves the size of my head. There were some great art installments along the way as well. 

We got back home and I felt so invigorated. I wanted to draw and paint. I wanted to write. I bought some new acrylics, brushes, canvas. And I made a decision to make more art again. To fill my life with pretty things.

I went to college for art and I remember that first semester I was so inspired by everything. I would walk around campus and breathe in the crisp fall air. I would go into the city and photograph bricks and ivy. I would attend artist talks and read thought-provoking articles. I felt like anything was possible. And damn I think I'm finally feeling that feeling again.

Maybe if I just keep creating and keep surrounding myself with art and beauty, things will continue to work out. Even if I do end up needing a soul-sucking job again, I can always get back to this wonderland. 

Here are the photos from my (apparently life-changing) walk in the park.
 

-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment