11.15.2015

Mornings

The day goes something like this

I wake up, light peeking in through the window, fan blowing, and several blankets snuggled around. Lately I've been sleeping in a little too long, so hopefully I can fix this habit soon and get back to my early-bird self.


Roll out of bed, wash face, brush teeth, get some coffee brewing.
Now, I know that this is probably blasphemous to many of my coffee industry friends since I used to work in specialty coffee but...Nate and I have simply been drinking Trader Joe's "Joe"...drip brewed. We're poor these days and we drink many cups, so this is just efficient OKAY? ;)


Anyways, next I get dressed in something cozy and easy to work in.

If the weather is nice enough, I'll pour myself a mug and sit outside on our patio. I'll grab my phone, a notebook and I'll check Instagram, write a list or two, brainstorm, etc. We don't have patio furniture yet, so I've just been bringing these two little Ikea pieces outside.


Then I'll come inside, wrap myself in a throw blanket, and settle into my desk chair at the workspace in our bedroom. I go over my to-do list and start plugging away. I'll edit photos for about 2-4 hours, email people back, post something perhaps, and then basically go on Pinterest until my wrists ache. Fig lays on the her "bed" all day (aka a trunk covered in a blanket in front of the window).


Needless to say, life is very serene right now and I'm appreciating every second. I've been smiling a lot to myself, just wondering how I wound up here.

Granted, I'm making no money at this time...but I'm making progress. I'm working hard every day, looking into opportunities, catching up on past shoots, being mindful of my actions and presence.

Still, not sure what's next for me. But while I wait, I'll soak up these gentle mornings.

-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment